Thursday, May 19, 2011

What's to come

So..yeah. Haven't written in forever.

I was online just wasting time and reading one of my favorite blogs:

http://pacingthepanicroom.blogspot.com/

I felt inspired to start to document my life more. I enjoyed posting my recipes and food but I couldn't be creative and culinary day after day. I'm sure people don't want to see me on the days I throw together tacos. I enjoy photography but haven't really been serious about it since high school. My husband has taken over that role in our family. We have a sleek new DSLR that I have fiddled around a bit but..yeah. I'm thinking this blog is going to be less about food and more about lifestyle. Really, I just want to tell my story. :)



This past weekend my husband and I went out with friends of ours who happen to be married and happen to be vegan. Its exciting for me to have friends who share my views about eating and the environment. We went to go see Forks over Knives which was a great documentary. It showed how a plant based diet is how we should be eating for our health. They had a few people in the movie who had before and after blood test results and it is amazing after being on a vegan diet how much everything improved for them. I think it is a great movie for non-veggie people to see because it doesn't have the animal rights/welfare focus to it like many other movies of this type have. Not that I think that isn't important, I just felt like this movie could appeal to more people because it isn't about the industry its about personal health.
After the movie we went to a vegetarian restaurant which was fun. My husband and I normally go alone so it was wonderful to be able to go there with friends (Both of our families and all the rest of our friends are meat-itarians).
After the movie I pledged to be 95% vegan. I have for the entire week and have seen great results so far. I haven't changed much of my diet (I didn't have that much dairy in it in the first place) but have become more aware of my food choices and overall health.

No comments:

Post a Comment