Monday, July 12, 2010

A girl can dream

My husband and I have been talking on and off since we have got married (almost 2 years ago) about where we are going to live. Currently we share a 3 bedroom + den apartment with another couple and their 1 year old daughter. Believe it or not it has worked out great despite everyone telling us they would never would be able to do that! :)
My dream would be to own a house with a little land for a garden and a nice deck or patio. The other day my husband and I got to talking about houses again and decided that we would love to build one. He got his sketch pad (thank god someone has artistic ability cause it sure isn't me) and we sat in a park for three hours and talked and doodled about what we wanted our house to look like. I love craftsman style houses and would love nothing more than to live in a bungalow with nice big windows!
I then started to research what the costs would be and I was a little shocked. To get what we wanted would cost a lot more than I was thinking. I was searching online earlier this evening for how much it would cost for eco-friendly building materials when I stumbled upon this:

Photo credit: Tumbleweed Houses

I don't know if you have heard of the guy that lives in his 67 foot square house. I found his website (http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/) and thought to myself, "now if my hubby and I decided we weren't going to have any kids, this would be perfect for us." Most of the houses have a multipurpose room, a small kitchen, bathroom and then a ladder to a loft which is where you sleep. I then found this one. It is a 743 sq foot house with 2 bedrooms or it can have an optional 3rd bedroom for 837 sq ft. It comes with 1 1/2 baths too! I was so excited. Not only can I have my craftsman style house for a price I can afford but I can also have kids!

Now, I do have a tendency to get obsessed with an idea to find out two or three months down the road that I was crazy but at least this gives me hope and something to look forward to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment