Monday, June 4, 2012

Teenage love date night

So the hubby and I have been busy lately with our new house. We finally just bought some living room furniture so we don't have to sit on the futon anymore! (Yay).
We started a tradition of Friday night date nights a few years ago and have been pretty good at actually committing to them.
We used to do themed dates where we would try to match where we ate with the movie we were seeing or whatever activity we decided to do that evening. Sometimes it worked out, and sometimes not.
I missed the creativity that went into planning those dates and wanted to start again. I got a lot of inspiration from http://loveactually-blog.blogspot.com/ which is a wonderful blog full of great ideas.

I knew we wanted to go see Snow White and the Huntsman so I was thinking of what fit with that. I came up with nothing but I did think that it would be cute to do a teenage "going out to dinner and a movie" kind of thing. The first thing that came to mind was making a mix tape. I mean, what else did you make for your boyfriend in high school??

I made mix CD instead with these gems:
1. You're My Best Friend- Queen
2. I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
3. Fly Me To The Moon- Frank Sinatra
4. Wouldn't It Be Nice- The Beach Boys
5. Truly Madly Deeply- Savage Garden
6. I Can't Help Falling In Love With You- UB-40
7. Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol
8. I Want You To Want Me- Letters to Cleo
9. I Swear- All-4-One
10. Grow Old With You- Adam Sandler
11. Love Song- 311
12. All My Life- K-Ci and Jojo
13. Come on Eileen- Save Ferris
14. Crazy Little Thing Called Love- Queen
15. You and Me- Lifehouse
16. Ocean Avenue- Yellowcard
17. That's All- Michael Buble
18. I Like the Way You Move- Outkast
19. For you I Will- Monica
20. Let's get it on- Marvin Gaye

We ate at the fanciest place I ever ate at on a date in High School which was Olive Garden, and then we went to the mall to see the movie which did not live up to the hype. The date was fun though and I am now inspired to come up with some more themed date nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment